Medical Error & Mistake Attorneys
Serving Kansas City, Independence, Blue Springs & Lee’s Summit
As you may know from your own experience, hospital errors can have devastating consequences. They can lead to infections, serious injuries or even death. Unfortunately, understaffing, overcrowding, overworked physicians, unsanitary conditions and bad policies lead to these mistakes occurring all too often.
If you or a family member was injured as a result of hospital negligence, you may be able to take legal action to obtain full and fair compensation. Allow the Horn Law Firm, P.C., to investigate and evaluate your case at no charge. If we are confident that pursuing a medical malpractice claim based on a hospital error would be beneficial to you, we will aggressively pursue your case.
We have years of experience helping injured patients and their families throughout Missouri. To learn how we can assist you, call or contact us online today.
Types of Hospital Errors
Many things can go wrong when patients are in a hospital, whether it is for emergency or non-emergency care. The Horn Law Firm will closely examine all aspects of your case and determine whether the injuries suffered by you or a loved one involved:
- Delivery room errors – Birth injuries can be caused by the failure to recognize fetal distress, failure to order and/or properly perform a C-section, aggressive use of vacuums and forceps or other mistakes made during the labor and delivery process. The consequences can include brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy and even the death of the mother or child.
- Missed or delayed diagnosis – Patients often come to hospitals with life-threatening cardiac or brain conditions. A delayed or incorrect diagnosis could cause permanent damage or death.
- Surgical errors – These errors include performing the wrong surgery, operating on the wrong body part and leaving instruments inside the patient’s body during surgical closure.
- Hospital infections – Many of these infections occur because hospital rooms are not kept clean. Other infections happen because hospital workers fail to wash their hands and then interact with patients.
- Anesthesia errors – These errors routinely occur because anesthesiologists are distracted and dose the patient with the wrong medication or with too much or too little medication. A failure to monitor the patient for signs of distress can also be a major error made by anesthesiologists.
- Medication errors – These errors can involve a patient being administered the wrong medication, the wrong dose of a drug or a medication that has a negative interaction with another pill they are taking.
- Failure to monitor – Patients need to be watched for complications or signs of distress. Unfortunately, hospital staff sometime fails to keep tabs on patient health or report problems to doctors who can take action.
- Lack of informed consent – Hospitals and care providers must inform patients about medical procedures before they are performed and must get permission from the patient to proceed.
- Misread X-rays and tests – Lab errors and misread tests can result in a patient being treated improperly or prematurely released from the hospital.>
- Wrong-site surgeries – When a doctor performs surgery on the wrong body part, the unnecessary and dangerous surgical procedure can have devastating results.
If you or a loved one falls victim to these or other medical errors, consulting with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer from the Horn Law Firm can be the first step in making sure your rights are protected.
A Missouri Hospital Error Lawyer Can Help You
A hospital can be held accountable for a medical error that results from the actions of its employees or because of its own inadequate policies. Unfortunately, hospitals often use tactics to deny paying you any money or to pay you less than you deserve.
You shouldn’t try to take on a hospital by yourself. Fortunately, you do not have to.
The lawyers at Horn Law Firm, P.C., have many years of experience handling medical malpractice claims. We know how to thoroughly investigate these cases and help clients to obtain compensation through settlements or verdicts. We offer our clients:
- An extensive background in investigating medical malpractice claims
- A strong network of medical experts who can testify about your case
- A reputation with insurance companies and hospitals for pursuing cases vigorously on behalf of our clients.
We take a rapid response approach. We can begin our investigation right away and fight for you throughout the case. We will only take on your case if we believe we can help, and we can get started today with a free review of your medical records and an evaluation of your case. Simply call us today or complete our online form.