Kansas City Boating Accident LawyersThe Horn Law Firm is comprised of attorneys who are Kansas City boating accident lawyers specializing in the handling of boating, jet-skiing, tubing, water-skiing, and other water-related accidents throughout Missouri. Boating accidents are often complex cases that require immediate legal investigation. As a result, Lead Attorney Doug Horn is always prepared to provide rapid response and take care of the immediate legal, investigative, medical, insurance, and financial issues that arise in a boating or water-related accident. Horn offers free consultations, including telephone, office, home, hospital, and video conference consultations. Headquartered in the Kansas City area (Independence), Horn Law provides legal representation to injured boaters, jet-skiers, water skiers, and others who are seriously injured in water-related accidents throughout Missouri and Kansas. Contact Lead Attorney Doug Horn at 816-795-7500 or email@example.com.
Lawyers for the Serious InjuredOver the past 25 years, Horn Law has concentrated in serious injury and wrongful death cases that arise from a wide variety of motor vehicle accidents, including accidents involving boats and jet skis. In many cases, a boating collision results in occupants suffering severe, disabling injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and deep lacerations
- Whiplash (neck and back) injuries
Missouri Lake AccidentsBoaters on the Lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock Lake, Pomme De Terre Lake, Mark Twain Lake, Longview Lake, and other lakes in Missouri can be at risk for the following types of accidents:
- Falling overboard or within a vessel
- Collisions with other vessels or other objects
- Water-skiing or jet-skiing mishaps
- Striking a submerged object
- Falling off an anchored vessel
- Swimmers hit by another vessel or propeller
- Weather-related capsizing or sinking
- Fire, explosion, electrocution, or carbon monoxide exposure
Horn Law Legal RepresentationWhile all boating accident cases are unique, here is what we are prepared to do when we are retained to represent a person(s) injured in a boating or water-related accident.
1. Legal InvestigationIn addition to obtaining the water patrol reports and other official documents pertaining to a boating accident, our law firm will conduct independent investigations. While the nature of these investigations depends on the case, we will obtain boating license records, rental records, witness statements, cell phone records, and photographic or video evidence.
2. Establishing LiabilityMost boating and water-related accidents happen because someone was negligent, and proving negligence on all at fault persons is a vital part of the case. Potentially liable parties can include, boat drivers, owners, passengers, and others who caused or contributed to cause in an accident.
3. Establishing Insurance CoveragesEstablishing insurance coverages right from the start is vital to obtaining a maximum settlement or award in a boating injury claim. Filing the proper claims with the insurance companies is an essential process in getting you a full and fair recovery and settlement. When insurance companies get notified of a new claim, under state law, they must put funds aside to help resolve the claim. This is called insurance reserves.
4. Securing Important EvidenceMaximum settlements and awards are earned because of the early hard work that is done to secure important evidence. In addition to the liability evidence discussed above, the medical evidence and testimony will be essential to maximizing your claim. Many times, doctors and therapists can serve a vital role in establishing past, present, and future damages to an injured person. For instance, the daily medical entries can provide compelling evidence in proving the loss of health or quality of life that results from a traumatic injury.
5. Settlement NegotiationsWe will initiate settlement negotiations by preparing a written settlement demand. The written settlement demand is sent to the insurance representatives or attorneys who are representing the at-fault parties. The written settlement is best described as a legal analysis of the case and is a key piece of legal work that allows us to obtain the best results for our clients. In addition to presenting evidence that establishes fault and liability, the written settlement demand will summarize the medical evidence that is supportive of the injured person’s damages, including expert opinions regarding the nature of injuries, causation, medical treatments, rehabilitation, and prognosis.
6. Advanced Negotiations/LitigationWith almost 30 years of experience in personal injury cases of all types, we are skilled in all forms of advanced negotiations. These negotiations can include confidential communications with claims supervisors, higher-level insurance representatives, mediation and arbitration, and trial court litigation.
Contact a Missouri Boat Accident Attorney to Protect Your Rights To A Fair and Full SettlementIf you or someone you know was negligently injured or killed in a boating or lake accident, the victim(s) have rights to be compensated for past, present, continuing, or future damages, including compensation for extended medical treatments, rehabilitation, and permanent disabilities. Contact Horn Law’s Lead Attorney Doug Horn at 816-795-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for rapid response, legal consultation, and legal investigations.
Ready to Get Started?
Get Your Free Consultation Today
Don’t wait to get help. Call, email or live chat with us 24/7.