Catastrophic Auto Accident Injury Accident Attorneys
Serving Kansas City, Independence, Blue Springs & Lee’s Summit
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports that at least one person is killed or injured in a motor vehicle accident on the state’s roads every 10 minutes on average. In many of these cases, the injury or death is caused by the carelessness of another driver. All it takes is one mistake, and a victim can suffer a catastrophic injury that changes his or her life and the lives of their loved ones forever.
The Horn Law Firm, P.C., is passionate about helping these victims and their families to seek justice and recover the compensation that they deserve when harmed through no fault of their own. If you are among those dealing with catastrophic injury after a crash, contact us today to learn how we can serve you.
We can provide a free initial consultation. We will look into the cause of your catastrophic injury and review the extent of the physical and emotional harm that has resulted from it. We can then get to work right away on seeking a full and fair settlement that will compensate you for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other losses. In many cases, a victim’s family may be compensated for the separate harm that they have suffered as a result of the crash.
Our lawyers realize that coping with a catastrophic injury is a long-term struggle. Our goal is to get you started on the path to returning to as normal of a life as possible.
Learn more by calling us today at our toll-free number or submitting our online form. We serve clients in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries Suffered in Motor Vehicle Crashes
Many factors determine the extent of the injuries that one suffers in a motor vehicle crash. The speed of the cars at impact, for instance, plays a role. So does the point of impact. Injuries will vary depending on whether it was a head-on collision, rear-end crash, side-impact collision or sideswipe accident. The effectiveness of a car’s purported safety features, such as seat belts, airbags or roof structure, may also be contributing factors.
When a lawyer from The Horn Law Firm, P.C., investigates your case, we will consult with accident reconstruction experts and, in some cases, mechanical experts. We want to determine how your accident occurred and what led to you or a loved one sustaining a catastrophic injury.
While some accidents may produce minor injuries such as cuts and bruises, we know from our experience that crashes can also lead to serious injuries that include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – This can result from physical damage to the brain such as bruising, tearing of tissues or internal bleeding. While the effects of a concussion may fade after a few days or weeks, a more severe form of TBI can cause permanent loss of thinking and motor skills. A head injury may also lead to emotional or mood disorders such as depression.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI) – This can result from a traumatic blow to the spine at impact. While chronic pain may result from damage to a spinal disc (herniated disc), more severe trauma may result in partial or total paralysis that requires lifetime care and treatment.
- Chest and abdomen injuries – Rib fractures are common in car crashes. Victims may also sustain punctured or ruptured diaphragm injuries or wounds to the spleen, liver or kidneys and other internal organs that force them to alter their lifestyles for good.
- Soft tissue injuries – An accident can permanently damage tendons and ligaments and require extensive surgery and rehabilitation. An accident victim’s knee, for instance, may never operate the same way again. Whiplash is specific type of soft tissue neck injury that frequently results from rear-end crashes. This injury can lead to chronic pain.
- Death – Tragically, an estimated two people per day die on Missouri roads due to traffic crashes. A victim’s family can seek answers to why they lost their loved one as well as compensation for funeral expenses, lost financial support and companionship by pursuing what is called a wrongful death claim.
Our Lawyers Investigate Catastrophic Injuries from Motor Vehicle Accidents
The Horn Law Firm, P.C., takes pride in performing professional and thorough investigations into our clients’ motor vehicle accidents. We want to build the strongest case possible to present to the at-fault driver’s insurance company or to a jury. A complete and comprehensive investigation gives us the best chance of recovering the maximum amount for our clients.
In addition to analyzing the cause of the crash, our investigations extend to the medical issues involved. If you or a loved one has suffered catastrophic injury, we will work with medical experts such as surgeons, orthopedic specialists, neurosurgeons, rehabilitation specialists, therapy experts and life-care planners. Our goal will be to determine the full extent of your injuries and the amount of care that you or your loved one will need in the future.
We realize that these injuries can lead to high medical costs. For instance, the Brain Injury Association of Missouri estimates that the lifetime cost of treating a TBI victim can be as much as $4 million. If you are an innocent victim, however, you shouldn’t bear these financial burdens. Our goal is to make sure that the party who caused your injury is held financially responsible. This means that we will investigate all of the available options for seeking compensation.
Contact a Lawyer for Help with Your Catastrophic Motor Vehicle Accident Injury
The Horn Law Firm, P.C., provides free initial consultations.We are available to meet in the hospital or in your home if it is convenient for you. To learn more, call our toll-free number or contact us online. We can review the legal, medical and insurance issues in your case and get started on seeking relief for you.